Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Of Wisdom

Pearls! The ultimate preppy accessory.

There are many varieties of pearls and I suggest having a couple of go-to options for any outfit or occasion.

My most worn pearls are probably my extra long, small pearls that I tie in a knot. I wear these with cocktail dresses, casual skirts, and even jeans and a tshirt. I kept breaking ones that I bought at Forever 21 but these ones from The Icing seem to hold up well.



Another tried and true variation of the classic pearls is the Wilma Flintstone, chunky, choker variety. I wear these ALL the time and I think they make a great finishing touch. It takes classic pearls to a new level of funky sophistication. I got mine as a gift five years ago and I have worn them at least once each week since.




This summer I bought a reproduction of Jackie O's famous three-strand pearls,they are FABULOUS and perfect for chaneling! Chaneling is method of pulling the bottom strand of pearls over the top strand. It creates an unusual shape and adds some interest to the neckline. Jackie did this all the time and this reproduction is made specifically to "Chanel well".

Picture to come!

Novelty pearls such as long, chunky, varigated pearls or pearls with fabric woven in a la Betsey Johnson, are also a great addition to the pearl wardrobe. I also have black pearls, blue pearls, and light pink pearls that are an unexpected pearl look.



How do you wear your pearls?

No comments:

Post a Comment